Saturday, May 30, 2009

Post #100 - thank you




We've made it to 100 posts!  I guess we'll use this occasion to thank everybody who tunes in to see what we're up to.  We've had a good time sharing our adventures ... and hope to continue finding interesting stuff to post.

I also have to say thanks to everyone for their kind birthday wishes, cards and emails.  I had a really good birthday, even though I had to work.  Fiona made me breakfast in bed and broke out her famous lasagna for dinner.  She even hand-made me some Bosche Bollen - a Dutch chocolate covered cream puff.  Fantastic as always.  She's also enrolled me in some golf lessons, so I hope to be decreasing my handicap soon.  I've also increased my list of books to read, including a biography of Stalin - a natural follow through from the Mao biography I'm almost finished.  She's doing her best to spoil me.

Work has been amazingly busy the last couple of weeks, so I was in the office today.  Especially unfortunate considering the beautiful weather we've been having.  20+ degrees and sunny every day.  

We did manage to give the dog a haircut today - doing it ourselves for the first time.  We think we did OK.  It should hold her over for a few months.

No comments: