Thursday, September 25, 2008

It's Moving Day!

Well at least for our stuff but not for us.  We're still waiting on some paperwork before we can leave.

But we have movers and they are coming today to start packing up.  We have divided each room into two piles, shipment and storage.  Although we keep finding nooks and crannies that we forgot about and have to go through the things we find in there.  It has been really tough trying to decide what to leave behind.  Furniture is a no go, so what we are bringing with us is some of the small stuff.  Some things are obvious, those that have real sentimental value or things you use all the time.  But those items that are on the cusp have caused us the most grief.  Should it stay or should it go?  Do you like it enough to take it?

I guess in the long run, you know the things that really matter to you and the other stuff is just that... stuff.

I'll update you on our departure date when I know what it will be.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Packing up stuff day! That would be tough. It's one way to reduce the clutter ;) I couldn't even imagine... I'm sure we'd have a lot of stuf in the "chuck it" pile!! But I'd have at least a half of a truck just of pictures!!
Have fun and keep us posted.
Jenni Munro

Anonymous said...

Ech... I completely understand. I was having angst when I moved, and it was only across town!
At least replacing some things is a good excuse to go shopping??
~Shelly