Thursday, December 11, 2008

Potpourri


Rik here ...

We're off to Edinburgh tomorrow for a nice weekend out.  It's been a tough week at work, so I'm looking forward to tramping around another castle and sampling some high end Edinburghian cuisine.

I've been doing some more driving lately.  Still a little scary, especially for Fiona in the passenger seat.  Getting used to shifting with your left hand is harder than adjusting to the modified rules and all the roundabouts.  Hopefully by the time we get some visitors I'll be comfortable acting as chauffeur.

I was fitted for my tux today.  Fiona and I are going to a Snow Ball on the 27th.  It wouldn't do to have such a good looking lady accompanied by a hobo in his own suit.  We almost talked ourselves into a formal kilt, maybe next time.

We thought we had stumbled on the world's worst chip flavor here - Prawn Cocktail.  I think Fiona's sister Adele will back us up on that.  But straight from Singapore, Christian sends us proof that you can never claim any particular item is the best/worst of anything.  You can try, but it probably means you just haven't been to Asia yet.

I was Googling a work related item today and came across a Geophysics blog.  I thought, wow, what a horribly bad idea.  With everything that the internet has to offer, why would you stop and read about geophysics?  Anybody looking for more geophysics in this blog?

Gotta go, Beverly Hills Cop is on.  Clearly a top 5 Eddie Murphy movie.  In no particular order: Beverly Hills Cop, The Golden Child, Coming to America, Bowfinger and Another 48 Hours.  Try and argue.  You can't.

Cheers,
Rik

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hallo Rik en Fiona
ga je bloemen planten in de winter.
met je potgrond.

Anonymous said...

Not being one to argue (yeah right) is submit the following Eddie movies for your concideration
BHC
Tranding places
Golden child
Shrek (I feel this counts)
The adventures of Pluto Nash (If you haven't seen it grab a lamby bag of chips and enjoy)

Christian

The Woman of the House said...

Prawn Cocktail chips are great! I almost finished off the bag you sent by the time I realized that they put phenalanine in there though. AKA Aspartame... one of those scary sugar substitutes. They were good though.