Saturday, November 22, 2008

Antiquing

I have joined a group here called the American Women of Aberdeen.  They have all sorts of activity groups... book club, mahjong, a discover Scotland group and lots more.  The discover Scotland group is the one that I went antiquing with.  We went to the Scottish Antiques and Arts Centre.  It was about 1 1/2 hour drive from Aberdeen. It was really fun, the system they have at the centre is pretty interesting, they have all these different stalls that belong to different people and they sell their wares for the sellers.

I wasn't sure I would like antiquing, but I really got into it, especially the furniture and the jewelry.  I found that I had a prett
y good eye for nice pieces that seemed to be priced well.  One such piece was a Edwardian games table that I thought was such an unusual table.  So after a bit of haggling (mainly done by my friend Vicki) I got 12% off and decided to buy it.

Here are a few pics of the antiques centre and of my purchase...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is a great find for a first go-round. How exciting, antiques that are more than just 1980's lunch boxes and 1960's toy cars (all you can find around here)! How is the knitting going by the way?
hugs, your sister (in-law) Linda

The Woman of the House said...

Very nice Fiona. Just don't get a dog in the house that chews table legs! Love you. Adele

Reagan said...

Wow - great table!!! I love finding things like that :)

Anonymous said...

What does someone have to write to get it deleted? I like the table. I would love antiquing! Especially in a whole different country... there must be such neat and different things. It's great that you were able to go with people that can help you with prices.

Fiona and Rik said...

It was just a duplicate comment. No obscenities or anything.

Thanks everyone for their comments, we love to get them!