Tuesday, November 18, 2008

My wife is awesome

Rik here ...

I've been fighting through a cold I picked up on Saturday as we perused the shops on Union Street getting a head start on our Christmas shopping.  It's been compounded by stress at work and a late night on Monday (business related ... I was forced to go). 

Today I came home and the smell of chicken soup filled the flat.  Fiona had cooked up a batch from scratch.  It was wonderful and has put me on the road to recovery.  I'll call it a night early today, though, just to be sure.  What is it about the boiled carcass of a chicken and some winter vegetables that can do so much to cure a sickness?  Who knows?  I'm just glad it's chicken soup and not tomato soup that carries these restorative properties.

She's also been busy on the home front, going through the process of getting insurance quotes for our possible car purchase, a 2005 Renault Scenic.  Not a common car in North America.  We'll hopefully have a picture soon.  Send in your votes for which of us you would like to see posing on the hood.  Actually, come to think of it, I don't think either of us would fit on its small, steeply dipping hood (er, I mean bonnet).

Cheers,
Rik

2 comments:

The Woman of the House said...

Hope you feel better soon Rik! You know chicken soup is listed in my nursing drug guide as an alternative drug for colds. God bless you both.

Anonymous said...

Tomatosoup would make you only sicker éh Rik!! Enjoy the chickensoup, and most important Fiona's TLC and that will get you better soon.
Take care,
love,
M&D