Friday, October 17, 2008

Like riding a bicycle (with four wheels and an engine) ...




I decided that I wanted to venture out a little further this weekend and go exploring outside of Aberdeen so I asked Rik if he thought renting a car would be a good idea.  He thought it was but under one condition ... that I do the driving.  I was a little daunted by the idea of driving on the left side of the road, but willing to try. 

So today I went to go pick up the car by myself.  I carefully planned my route back to the hotel and had my GPS to tell me where to go.  I got in the car and figured out where all the important controls were and headed out. I have to say it was easier than I thought it would be.  The main thing I found that you have to get used to is all the cars parked on the side of the road.

I'm looking forward to getting out and about this weekend.  We're going to try to get to see some castles, and maybe make some headway on the list of requested photos.  I got a little bit done already today ...  for all those that requested sheep ...
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, let's see...sheep, more sheep, ornery looking cow, old buildings, ocean, lots of green grass. Hey, where are the birds?
Jul requests a photo of a Scottish crossbill. And no, that's not Rik after he's had one too many half-pints!

Cheerio,
hb

Anonymous said...

Are you guys right on the edge of the city? How are you getting pictures of fields within walking distance? How big is Aberdeen anyways?