Thursday, March 25, 2010

Fog

The whole city has been blanketed in a thick, pea-soup fog. It was really weird because usually when we get a good sea-fog it kind of rolls in towards the end of the day, but it's been with us all day today. It kind of takes the edge off the start of spring, which we were sure was just around the corner on Monday. The daffodils were up and the yellow buds were ready to burst open, but I think they've decided to wait a few more days now. I'm really looking forward to the first big daffodil bloom - there is something about that particular colour of yellow that just forces you to be cheerful.

I had a long day yesterday, getting up ultra-early for a day trip to London. I used to really enjoy the prospect of these business trips, but now it's just work. I did get a chance to get a little further into my book and I'll take that as a positive.

It is starting to feel like our big vacation is right around the corner. We're going to spend the weekend getting things ready and preparing. We are tremendously excited.

No comments: