Thursday, March 11, 2010

His name is George




We got an up close look at our freeloading houseguest today. He decided to go stretch his legs out in the bright Aberdeen sunshine and didn't seem to have any fear of us. Hardly surprising as he's had some time to get used to our presence. It's going to be harder to get rid of him now that we know he's this cute and has a name. We do have 5 bedrooms, maybe we can give him one?

I'm also taking this opportunity to honour a request made through the comments section of the blog. A good sign for others that all reasonable requests will be accomodated.

Anyway, also uploaded are then a couple of my wife's recent paintings. I'm intensely proud of her. She's a fantastic artist. She's working on translating one of my favourite Scottish landscapes onto the canvas. I'm very much looking forward to the result and will post it as soon as it is ready.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow - those are great samples. I can see in the second painting that you're applying the same eye you have for composition in photographs to your painting.
Have you heard of Etsy, Fiona? I hesitate to suggest you should look at it if you don't know about it already because it's quite addictive, but anyway, a lot of artists have little online shops there. Should you be so inclined...

- h

p.s. Rik, you know dad will shake his head at your soft heart. Here's an unusual mouse trap I wrote about recently: http://www.coolest-gadgets.com/20090203/the-mousetrap-coffee-table/

The Woman of the House said...

Beautiful paintings Fiona! I was confused when I started reading the post,as I thought the house guest was the chimp.

Love you both,
Adele and twins